Pages

31 Jul 2008

You are my Happiness.....

I love the saying You are my Happiness.......

Doesn't it just evoke sooo many emotions! I Love it, with a capital "L"!!

It is one of the sentiments from a new release by Little Paper Shop coming this August, and Julia was very generous in allowing me use it early.



This card is for Wednesday's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.


I used Papertrey Ink's Sweet Blush for my card base and Basic Grey Blush for the designer paper. Hmmmm Sweet Blush and blush. Very Cool.


The butterfly stamp is from the Ellen Hutson store and it is a Lockhart stamp that I have had for a little while - and I figured it fit into the sketch so let's finally use it!!

I cut it out with the rectangle nestabilities and then before I removed the paper from the die, I took my baby blue Versa chalk ink and sponged around the butterfly.

When you remove the die you have a nice clean border and it kind of looks like you air-brushed it.......well, if you use your imagination! You can click on the photo to get a better view (I think)

It is coloured with copics and then I blinged it up with some baby blue stickles and a small row of Hero Arts gems along the body.

The ribbon is two ribbons glued together to make one-I don't really like the look of that - it is too bumpy - maybe ironing would have helped?!

Tomorrow, the Embellish-Online design team starts the The Friday Free For All Challenges!! There is a different challenge every Friday (obviously) and each week it hosted by a different team member.

Check it out tomorrow and join in on the fun! If you can't join in every Friday, no worries! There is no time limit and there will be a new one each Friday for you to try! Come on over and challenge yourself!!




3 comments:

  1. Oh, I've been wanting that Ellen Huston butterfly forever! I am going to have to add that to the ever growing 'cart' I guess! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog...

    Have a great day!

    Linzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Your ribbon looks finr Bonnie! Great sentiment and butterfly! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just sooo pretty! The butterfly, the sentiment...the colors. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!