Pages

4 Jul 2008

What could be more American than

ELVIS!!

I mean really......!!

Elvis is the King! right??!!

But first off and most important -

To all my American readers - Happy Independence Day!! and I hope you have a great picnic with shares of food and fun!! - and don't eat too much because you know what you feel like the next day.......;)

Anyway - back to my task at hand.

Did you know that Cornish Heritage Farms is the only official Elvis Presley rubber stamp manufacturer??

So, I had no choice right??!


We have a retirement party on Saturday night and I made up a little card for this guy. He is just over 50 and retiring - how wonderful for him....... but surprising (for me anyway) at such a young age!

I stamped the Elvis image in brilliance black and heat embossed him with clear embossing powder.

As you can see the outside is stamped with Papertrey Ink's Simple Alphabet and it says "RETIRING?" They are tiny little letters, but it is so worth it when it is all stamped out!!

On the inside, in the same simple alphabet, I wrote "I'M ALL SHOOK UP!" because I am such a dork and didn't order the stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms that says "I'm all shook up!" but it worked out anyway!


I thought it was rather witty myself!! haha! My son didn't actually get it - but he is young....and sometimes I think he does that just to irk me....

The paper is Memory Box licorice and Papertrey Ink stampers select white cardstock and there is just a smidge of red paper that I grabbed from my stash!

have a great day and a safe one!!


4 comments:

  1. Fun card! I bet he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this! Great card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black!!! Looks great Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous08:32

    You are so right - Elvis is the King! And always will be.

    Love this card and would think your friend would also.

    Carole in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!